Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA) Policy
Pride Truck Sales is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for all individuals, including those with disabilities. We aim to provide a barrier-free environment that advocates for inclusion and accessibility in all aspects of our business. This Policy outlines our commitment to meeting the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and its associated regulations. At Pride, we are committed to identifying, eliminating, and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting our obligations under AODA.
This policy applies to all staff personnel (employees, contractors, volunteers and other third parties).
3. Policy Statement
3a. Information and Communications:
It is our duty to meet the communication needs of people with disabilities. When asked, we will provide information and communications materials in accessible formats/support. This includes publicly available information about our goods, services and facilities, as well as public safety information. This will all be provided in a time-sensitive manner and at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons. We will also consult with the person making the request in determining the suitability of an accessible format or communication support. If the organization determines that information or communications are unconvertible, the organization shall provide the requestor with:
- i. An explanation as to why the information or communications are unconvertible; and
- ii. A summary of the unconvertible information or communications.
Lastly, we will ensure that our websites and online content conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA, or as required by the AODA.
3b. Customer Service:
Pride Truck Sales is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to all individuals, regardless of their disabilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are treated with dignity and respect, and we will accommodate their needs to the best of our ability.
3c. Accessible Facilities:
We will take the necessary measures to make our facilities accessible to individuals with disabilities. This includes providing accessible entrances, parking, and facilities. Where deemed fit, we are willing to provide necessary alterations to our facilities in order to accommodate people with disabilities.
Pride Truck Sales will ensure that all persons to whom this policy applies receive training as required by applicable legislation. This training will be provided as soon as practicable, following a new hire commencing employment with us. Such training content will include:
- Overview and purpose of applicable law (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005)
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Pride Group Logistics’s goods and services.
- Pride Group Logistics’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard
3e. Assisted Devices:
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities. In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods, services or facilities.
3f. Use of Service Animals and Support Persons:
Our company is committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties. We will also ensure that all staff, volunteers and others dealing with the public are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Pride Truck Sales premises with his or her support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons for admission to our premises.
3g. Feedback Process:
The ultimate goal of Pride Truck Sales is to meet and surpass customer expectations while serving customers with disabilities. Feedback regarding the way Pride Group Logistics provides goods and services to people with disabilities can be made by letter, e-mail or verbally. All feedback will be directed to Human Resources. Customers can expect to hear back within 5-7 business days.
We encourage feedback on the accessibility of our services, facilities, and communications. Feedback can be provided in various ways, including in person, by phone, in writing, or through accessible electronic formats. All feedback will be reviewed and used to improve accessibility.
3h. Notice of Temporary Disruption:
Pride Truck Sales will provide its customers with reasonable notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in facilities or services commonly used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about
- the reason for the disruption,
- the anticipated duration, and;
- a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
This notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters on our premises.
3i. Notice of Availability of Documents:
Our Accessibility Policy and related documents, including accessibility plans, will be made available to the public on our website or in another accessible format upon request.
3j. Employment Practices:
i. Recruitment and Selection:
- Pride Truck Sales will notify its employees and the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.
- Pride Truck Sales also notify job applicants, when they have been chosen to participate further in the assessment or selection process, about accommodations that are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used. If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, our company will consult with the, and make suitable arrangements that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. When making an offer of employment, Pride Group Logistics will notify the successful applicant of its policies and procedures for accommodating employees with disabilities, upon request.
ii. Workplace Emergency Response Information:
- Pride Truck Sales will provide customized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability, if the disability is such that the individualized information is necessary, and if Pride Group Logistics is aware of the need for accommodation due to the employee’s disability. Pride Group Logistics will provide this information as soon as practicable after becoming aware of the need for accommodation.
- Where the employee requires assistance, Pride Group Logistics will provide the workplace emergency response information to the person designated to provide assistance to the employee.
- Pride Truck Sales will re-examine the individualized workplace emergency response information when the employee moves to a different location in the organization.
iii. Individual Accommodation Plan:
- Pride Truck Sales will maintain a written process for the development of documented individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities.
- If requested, information regarding accessible formats and communications supports will also be added in the individual accommodation plans.
- Plans will also include individualized workplace emergency response information (where required), and identify any other accommodation required.
iv. Return to Work Process:
- Pride Truck Sales maintains a documented RTW (return to work) process for its staff members who have been absent from work due to a disability and who require disability-related accommodations in order to return to work.
- The RTW process outlines the steps the company will take to facilitate the return to work and will include documented individual accommodation plans as part of the process.
- This RTW process will not replace or override any other RTW process created by or under any other model.
v. Performance Management, Career Development and Relocation:
- The company will take into account the accessibility needs of its members with disabilities and individual accommodation plans when conducting performance management, providing career development and advancement to employees, or when redeploying them.
4. Contact Information
For questions or requests related to accessibility at Pride Truck Sales, please contact Aleema Akbar (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.